When it comes to your personal safety and survival, keep these tips in mind:
- Avoid placing yourself in desolate and poorly lit locations. Try to stay in the company of friends when walking to your car, ask someone to walk with you if you feel unsafe.
- When you notice something of a suspicious nature, call police to investigate further.
- Don’t over indulge in spirits. When it comes to drinking alcohol, know your limits. Do not drink so much you lose control of your actions and awareness of your surroundings. Being aware of your surroundings is crucial, do not put yourself in harms way.
- Always have a plan of defense. if you are not mindful of defense tactics, carry pepper spray, or walk with your keys in hand.
- Resist getting into a strangers car at all costs!
- Do not hesitate to defend yourself. Do whatever necessary to survive an attack! Run, scream, bite, scratch, poke eyes, and stop at nothing to fight for your survival.
- If you are at home, if you are unable to run to safety then lock yourself in a room & place heavy furniture in front of the door.